2013 Truck Rules
**A late model stock driver may not run in the truck division**
Chevy C-10 GMC 1500
Dodge Ram Ford F-150
1. Minimum total weight 2,800 lbs. Right side weight must be 1,200 lbs. (43%). Weight will be with driver before and after race.
1. All models must compete with 110-112” on one side (+/- ½ inch on opposite side.) NO extra tolerances will be allowed.
1. All models will compete with a tread width of 65” (+½ inch). Tread width will be measured from the inside of one wheel to the outside of the opposite wheel as raced.
1. Displacement will be as follows:
2. GM 350 C.I.- .045 in. overbore (Max)
3. Ford 351 C.I.- .045 in. overbore (Max)
4. Dodge 340 or 360 C.I.- .030” overbore(Max)
5. Late Model Stock Rules apply to all engines and components with exception of the ZZ4 355HP “Crate” engine part # 88958603 and the. This engine must remain completely stock. NO exceptions. The 88958604 is not legal.
1. Late Model Stock engine rules apply except ZZ4 aluminum heads must remain stock # 12556463. The “602” heads must remain stock.
2. Intake manifolds Late Model Stock rules apply. Except ZZ4 stock intake # 10185063. NO modifications. Except the “602” stock intake with no modifications.
1. Center of the crankshaft must be within 1” of center of frame.
2. Front of crankshaft must be a minimum of 12” measured from the ground to center of front crankshaft balancer retaining bolt.
3. All engines 2” maximum setback from #1 sparkplug hole.
1. Only the 350 CFM Holley 2300, model #7448 on late model engines. LMSC rules apply.
2. 390 CFM Holley #80507-1 allowed on ZZ4 and “602” crate engines. Must be stock out-of-box except you may change jets, power valve, ACC pump, etc. NO machine work of any kind allowed.
3. Only 1 paper gasket .065 thick will be allowed between carburetor and spacer and 1 paper gasket .065 between spacer and manifold.
4. NO air cleaner spacer will be allowed on ZZ4 or “602” 4 BBL carburetor.
AIR CLEANER/AIR FILTER
1. LMSC engines: Late Model rules apply.
2. ZZ4 and “602” 4BBL: Same as Late Model except offset allowed for dist. clearance.
3. On ZZ4 and “602” motor the bottom of the air filter housing must be lower or equal to the top of the carburetor vent tubes.
1. Same as LMSC.
1. Same as LMSC.
1. Headers may be used.
2. Exhaust must exit past the driver to the right side of the truck, but must not exit down towards the track.
3. Collectors two into one allowed.
REAR DRIVE AXLE
1. Any heavy duty racing axle allowed, quick change, etc.
2. Only magnetic steel axles and axle housings permitted.
3. Cambered rear ends not permitted.
4. Any gear ratio permitted.
5. Spool or Detroit locker only.
1. May be coil over, leaf, three link, coil, or truck arm on rear suspension. No rear swaybars allowed.
2. Screw jacks allowed.
3. No remote weight jacking devices allowed.
1. Shocks may be gas charged or oil filled, one per wheel.
2. Shocks must be removed to adjust.
3. One shock and one spring per wheel.
4. Adjustable shocks allowed.
*Shocks will be controlled by a $150.00 per shock claimer rule. Any competitor finishing within 1 position of the claimee may claim the shocks from that event. The claim must be made in writing within 10 minutes after the event accompanied by cash. In the event that more than one person claims shocks, refusal follows the order of finish behind truck being claimed. Example: Truck finishing second is claimed by trucks finishing third and sixth, track has right of first refusal then third place claim then sixth place claim. Must finish race to claim shocks. Anyone not allowing their shocks to be claimed will forfeit the purse for that event and may be fined.
1. Any type of steering allowed.
2. Rack and pinion may be used.
3. Any steel lower or upper “A” arms allowed.
4. Upper “A” arm cross shaft may be aluminum.
5. Front sway bars allowed.
6. Front screw jacks allowed.
7. Aluminum tie rods/struts allowed.
8. Steering wheel must be magnetic steel.
1. All truck bodies must be installed in a safe manner. Guideline example: hood pin location, window braces, crush panels, etc., must be installed per NASCAR LMSC guidelines.
2. Body measurements must be within the minimum or maximum of the body guideline chart.
3. No door vents or side windows – fresh air duct allowed.
4. No holes permitted in hood, rear deck, or rear bumper. Hood must seal at rear to windshield.
5. Bodies may be fiberglass, metal, or combination of both.
6. All bodies must be stock appearing and neatly installed.
7. Five-Star, ARP, Speedway Bodies may be used.
1. Bumpers may be constructed from tubing and mounted as per Late Model Stock rules. Bumper height specs can be found in the Body Guideline rules.
2. Front and rear nose and tail covers may be aftermarket type. Plastic or fiberglass construction.
1. Steel wheels only. Five-on-fives or wide five’s allowed.
2. Size- 15”x10”.
3. Must be same offset left and right.
1. Any steel constructed minimum 5-1/2” single, double, or triple disc clutch allowed.
2. No cone clutches allowed.
3. A manual or hydraulic release bearing assembly allowed.
4. Any racing pedal sets allowed.
5. Brake bias system allowed. Can be in reach of the driver.
1. Three or four-speed transmission allowed. All forward gears and reverse gear must be in working order, and they must be operational from inside the driver’s compartment.
2. Automatic transmissions not permitted.
3. No quick change transmissions.
4. All trucks must run a steel fly wheel or flex plate.
5. All starters must be mounted forward of the flywheel.
6. No gun-drilled shafts allowed.
7. No aluminum gears allowed.
1. Battery must be mounted outside of driver’s area, inside a metal container securely mounted.
2. A battery disconnect switch must be mounted in an area as per NASCAR Late Model Stock rules, where safety personnel can reach it easily and quickly.
1. Driveshaft may be either 3” or 2-3/4” in diameter and must be painted white.
2. Universal joints and yokes must be magnetic steel. Driveshaft must be one piece. Drive shaft may be aluminum.
3. It is mandatory that two 360-degree magnetic steel brackets (hoops), no less than two inches wide and ¼ inch thick be placed around the drive shaft and fastened to the cross member.
1. A clear polycarbonate windshield must be used in lieu of standard glass. The windshield must be a minimum of 1/8” thick and have a minimum of three (3) metal straps or braces 1/8 inch by one inch installed inside the windshield.
2. The straps must be bolted to the roof panel or roll bar at the top and bottom of the dash panel with 5/16 bolts. A piece of rubber must be installed between the windshield and straps.
3. Windshield clips three inches wide by one inch by 1/8th inch must be installed, if not riveted or bolted in place. Clips must be spaced a minimum of 12 inches apart.
4. No side windows allowed.
5. Driver’s vent allowed.
1. Must be painted white with truck number on it.
2. Weight must be bolted securely in place and in no less than five (5) pound blocks.
Spoilers may have a maximum height of 5” and be no longer than 60” in length.
The Greenville-Pickens track tire will be HOOSIER F-45's. The driver may purchase (4) tires at the first racing event. After the first racing event, the driver may purchase up to (2) new tires. The driver must leave two wheels with scuffed tires for the next racing event. Scuffs will be provided for new competitors as the season moves forward.
No additives of any kind. Five (5) gallons of racing fuel must be purchased from track.
1. Fuel cell must be in a steel container and mounted as per LMSC rules.
2. Fuel cell may be mounted offset left.
3. With underslung rear clips, fuel cell ground clearance must be minimum 10”
4. With over-top rear clips, fuel cell ground clearance must be minimum 8”.
A perimeter offset right and left tubular steel frame and roll cage must be used: minimum 2” wide x 3” high tubing .083-inch thickness. A stock front sub frame may be
used. The centerline of front and rear sub frame must be within 1” of the centerline of the tread width. Rear sub frame may be over or under rear axle. Under-axle frame must be 2” x 3”,.083 rectangular tubing and extend minimum 4” past rear axle. 2” x 2’ .083 tubing may extend to rear bumper. No bolt on front of rear sub frames permitted.
Minimum chassis and body ground clearance 4”.
NOTE: Roll cage is to be constructed same as NASCAR Late Model Stock 2007 Rule Book.
Roll cage to be constructed of roll bar tubing with a minimum outside diameter of one and three quarter inches and .083 walls. Full cage is required with four uprights and four top bars. Main roll cage must be welded to the top outside frame rail or left and right frame rails. Minimum of four (4) horizontal bars in driver’s and passenger door required. Left and right door bars must be same configurations. All bars in driver’s compartment must be .083 tubing and covered with roll bar padding. All bars are to conform close to body configuration. All trucks must have a center windshield bar ,083 x 1 ¾ tubing. Driver’s door bars must be covered with steel plate minimum 1/8” thickness. Any race truck built after January 01, 2004, must have roll bar tubing with a minimum outside diameter 1 ¾” and .090 walls.